It’s no secret, a large majority of Americans drink coffee. An estimated 64% of Americans start their morning with a cup of coffee. But did you know combining coffee with CBD can not only boost your mood, but set your anxiety at ease? Pairing coffee with CBD creates a nutritional powerhouse, as both CBD and coffee have amazing health benefits.
Health Benefits of Coffee
Coffee has many positive health benefits, even though it is sometimes demonized. Some of the well known health benefits of coffee, are:
- Increased energy levels – this is the most widely known benefit of coffee. Along with increased energy levels, coffee increases the ability focus and elevates mood. Many controlled studies show that coffee improves various aspects of brain function — including memory, mood, vigilance, energy levels, reaction times and general mental function.
- Can fight depression and make you happier – Depression is a serious mental illness and has dramatic affects on people’s lives. One Harvard study published in 2011 suggested that women who drank 4 cups of coffee a day or more had a 20% lower risk of becoming depressed.
- Its an antioxidant – Coffee is one of the worlds most powerful antioxidants! A typical serving of coffee contains more antioxidants than typical servings of grape juice, blueberries, raspberries, and oranges. Wow!
Health Benefits of CBD
Did you know that coffee and cannabis are the most widely used psychoactive substances in the world? CBD (produced from cannabis) also has many health benefits – many of them are similar to coffee. Some of the health benefits of CBD are:
- Combats anxiety – CBD is known to help combat anxiety, improve mood, and even help with depression, and other mental illnesses.
- CBD has neuroprotective properties – Some evidence shows that CBD can be used to treat epilepsy as well as muscle spasms. Research has also shown it has the ability to treat several neurological conditions.
- Overall heart health – Recent research suggests that CBD can lower blood pressure and improve cardiovascular health. Research suggest the stress-reducing and anxiety-reducing properties of CBD are what is responsible for lowering blood pressure.
- Promotes healthy sleep – One of the first things people taking CBD notice is they get better sleep. Taking CBD before bedtime and help calm the mind so you get the REM sleep you need.
How can combining coffee and CBD be beneficial?
- Less anxiety with increased energy – CBD can help counter balance the anxiety producing effects of coffee, making the consumer more focused and alert, but without the jitters.
- Antioxidant properties – both CBD and coffee have antioxidant properties that help rid the body of toxins.
- CBD infused coffee is good for the brain – As coffee increases your brain function, CBD oil protects your neurons from degeneration in your brain. Therefore, coffee and CBD oil together could be even better for your mind. (source)
CBD coffee can give you the mood and energy boosting properties you are looking for, but without the anxious side effects that can result from drinking coffee alone. CBD on it’s own can be an antidepressant and mood booster, but is more subtle than coffee. The benefits of CBD coffee are increased energy and improved mood, without the anxiety.
When making your CBD infused coffee, we recommend using our flavorless option. You can put a dropper in your coffee at home, or in your favorite late from Starbucks.